Your daily activities
This is an exciting role as an Italian lawyer you will not only be responsible for your own caseload but will also be part of the Italian legal team. You will be in contact on a daily basis with clients, debtors and other lawyers. You will be supported by very capable colleagues in our office in Amsterdam, who will also be responsible (in part) for training and development.
On any day, you could be drafting correspondence, settlement agreements, terms and conditions or court pleadings, giving advice on Italian law in international cases, reviewing contracts or even flying to attend a settlement meeting in another country!
We are very much a team here at Bierens, and we expect all of our lawyers to actively contribute to the development of the practice as a whole. You are encouraged to make full use of your commercial skills and explore new ideas. As Bierens is focused on cross-border business, we would also expect our new Italian lawyer to further strengthen the practice by helping to bring in Italian clients with cases elsewhere in Europe.
Who you are:
- You are a qualified Italian lawyer with a current practicing certificate with at least 3 years of recent experience;
- You speak Italian on an idiomatic level and you feel comfortable communicating in the English language to clients and colleagues;
- You have experience with contract law and commercial litigation/dispute resolution;
- Your communication skills are excellent and you do not shy away from speaking to clients on the phone and in meetings;
- You are result-oriented and up for a challenge and a challenging and interesting caseload;
- You have a hands-on mentality, ready to be part of an international team;
- Experience with EU / international private law, or cross-border work as 95% of your cases will be from foreign clients;
- Knowledge of other European languages (preferably Dutch);
- Current following of Italian-based (business) clients.
- A varied job in a team of passionate legal professionals ;
- The freedom to work independently and carry out your ideas;
- The opportunity to grow through in-house courses and the Bierens Academy in Dutch (international) law;
- Plenty of opportunities to develop yourself in an international legal environment
- The dynamic of an international environment;
- An informal atmosphere at work;
- We regularly organize diverse fun activities during or outside your work;
Are you the Italian Lawyer we are looking for? Then please send your motivational letter in English and CV to us by clicking the “Apply button”.
As we take our recruitment process very seriously we will ask you during the interviews to provide us with references and to enter a personality assessment and request you for a certificate of conduct upon starting your new position.
Due to the COVID-19 situation, the interviewing process will be executed via video.
If you have any further questions concerning this vacancy or about working at Bierens Incasso Advocaten?
Please call + 31 (0)20 312 1100 and ask for Felix Bindels (HR Advisor).